English Language Learning : Listen & Read
Ambitious New York City teenager Craig Gilner is determined to succeed at life at any cost. But once Craig gets into an exclusive school, the pressure becomes unbearable. He stops eating and sleeping until, one night, he nearly kills himself. After he checks into a mental hospital, he experiences a whole new world.
Goodbye, Columbus is a coming of age story, a summer romance between a poor boy and a wealthy girl. It features Neil Klugman, a poor young man from Newark, and Brenda Patimkin, a self-assured rich girl. Neil calls Brenda for a date after first meeting her, but when she accepts and they meet, he finds that he really doesn't know what to do next. They both bumble through the beginnings of a relationship, mutually attracted physically, but diametrically opposed socially.
'The story centers on Richard Dees, a deeply cynical reporter. Dees' current subject of investigation is the 'Night Flier', an apparent serial killer who travels between small airports in a Cessna Skymaster airplane, gruesomely killing people in a way that leads Dees to think the man is a lunatic who believes himself to be a vampire.
* 2) Prevent the End of the World?
* 3) How Did You Get So Intelligent?
* 4) Italy's 'Little Jerusalem'
* 5) Nothing Special About Breakfast
* 6) Girls Escape Islamic State Militants
* 7) The Danger of Silence
* 8) How Drones Changed War
* 9) 'What If' - Absurd Hypotheticals?
* 10) A Magna Carta for the Web
* 2) 'The Great Gatsby' - From Failure To Great Novel
View The Collection
Listen & Read
Complete books for ambitious
learners. 2 listening speeds