English Language Learning : Listen & Read
Ambitious New York City teenager Craig Gilner is determined to succeed at life at any cost. But once Craig gets into an exclusive school, the pressure becomes unbearable. He stops eating and sleeping until, one night, he nearly kills himself. After he checks into a mental hospital, he experiences a whole new world.
Goodbye, Columbus is a coming of age story, a summer romance between a poor boy and a wealthy girl. It features Neil Klugman, a poor young man from Newark, and Brenda Patimkin, a self-assured rich girl. Neil calls Brenda for a date after first meeting her, but when she accepts and they meet, he finds that he really doesn't know what to do next. They both bumble through the beginnings of a relationship, mutually attracted physically, but diametrically opposed socially.
The story follows Enn, a shy boy whose more confident friend, Vic, encourages him to just relax and talk to some girls at a party. Enn talks to three very nice, very strange girls—girls who are much more than they seem to be.
* 2) Solving an Arctic Mystery
* 3) Ebola Kills More Than Humans
* 4) Your Voice Against Gender Violence
* 5) Italy Helps Migrants At Sea
* 6) A Kidnapped Russian Journalist
* 7) Beyond The Grave: A Tale Of Love and Murder
* 8) A Girl Who Demanded School
* 9) An Outcast Teen Attacked
* 10) Beware, Fellow Plutocrats
* 2) Immigration: A Documentary
View The Collection
Listen & Read
Complete books for ambitious
learners. 2 listening speeds